International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day or simply Yoga Day, is celebrated annually on June 21 and was declared to be internationally recognized by the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) on December 11, 2014.
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice or discipline that originated in India. The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his UN Address suggested the date of June 21, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares special significance in many parts of the world.
Benefits Of Yoga
These are just a few things that the yoga practices and yoga today can provide. Its potentials are eternal.
- Accomplishment of ideal equilibrium and harmony
- Promotes self healing
- Takes out negative blocks from the mind and toxins from the body
- Increases personal power and self awareness
- Helps in focusing and achieving concentration, which is particularly important for children
- Lessens stress and tension in the physical body by activating the parasympathetic nervous system
The person performing this…
View original post 322 more words